PhD (History), assistant professor of social and humanities of National University of Physical Education and Sport of Ukraine.
PROFESSIONAL PREPARATION OF STUDENTS IS IN KHARKIV UNIVERSITY IN THE FIRST HALF OF ХІХ OF CENTURY. (AFTER REMEMBRANCES OF TEACHERS AND STUDENTS)
Abstract. History of development of trade education is represented in the Emperor's Kharkiv university in the first half of ХІХ of century. Methodological basis of publication was made by the historical and dialectical methods of research.
It is found out, that the Kharkiv university began work as higher educational establishment that had to give education to future officials. To the volume, in the first decade of functioning of establishment, basic attention applied not on professional preparation of future specialists, but on organizational and economic questions.
It is set that at the beginning ХІХ of century faculty advisors on 70 percents consisted of foreigners, however a situation began to change in 20-30th ХІХ of century, due to preparation of young teachers and scientists university. An educational process was taken to listening of lectures and handing over of examinations. Practical employments in an university are entered only from the second half of ХІХ of century At the beginning ХІХ of century only some teachers on own initiative conducted practical employments - rehearsals, where students could get points for the successful stowage of examinations. The analysis of remembrances of teachers and students of the Kharkiv university showed that considerable part of professors had carried out the duties not properly.Students also were not interested in the scientific thoughtful piece of work, what the wretched amount of the student advanced studies, published in the first half of ХІХ of century Moreover, testifies to, most teachers did not even try to bring over listeners to the advanced study. In general, the effective method of motivation of student young people to the studies was a punishment cell. Also, in the Kharkiv university a corruption prospered with that both higher officials and some students tried to contest.
It is well-proven that without regard to the constabulary orders set in an university in the days of reign of Nikolay І, in 30-50th, the pleiad of talented scientists that eulogized Ukrainian science was formed. Except that, the first student scientific groups begin in the Kharkiv university to be created, and self establishment will grow into one of centers of the Ukrainian national revival.
Keywords: professional preparation, the professorial staff, students, lectures, group.
Received by the editorial board: 23.08.2018
1. Bagalej, D. I. (1893-1898). Opyt istorii Har'kovskogo universiteta (po neizdannym materialam)[Experience of history of the Kharkov university (on unpublished materials)]. (Vol. 1-2). Kнarkov [in Ukrainian].
2. Bagalej D. I. (1904). Opyt istorii Har'kovskogo universiteta (po neizdannym materialam) [Experience of history of the Kharkov university (on unpublished materials)]. (Vol. 1-2). Kнarkov [in Ukrainian].
3. Vejnberg, P. I. (1906). Har'kovskij universitet v pyatidesyatyh godah: (Iz moih vospominanij) [The Kharkov university is in fiftieth years: (From my remembrances) The Kharkov university is in fiftieth years: (From my remembrances)]. Russkoe bogatsnvo [Russian riches], 2, 245–258 [in Russian].
4. Voronov, A. G. (1913). Vospominaniya byvshego studenta Har'kovskogo universiteta 60-h godov [Remembrances of former student of the Kharkov university of 60th Remembrances of former student of the Kharkov university of 60th]. Russkaya starina [Russian old times], 154, 571–595 [in Russian].
5. De-Pule, M. F. (1874). Har'kovskij universitet i D. I. Kachenovskij: Kul'turnyj ocherk i vospominaniya iz 40-h godov [Kharkov university and D. I. Kachenovsky : the Cultural essay and remembrances from 40th]. Vestnik Evropy [Announcer of Europe], 45, 75–115 [in Russian].
6. Kolonej, D. V. (2003). Vliyanie Har'kovskogo universiteta na razvitie chastnogo obrazovaniya na Slobozhanshchine v pervoj polovine HІH veka [Influence of the Kharkov university on development of private education on Slobozhanschyna in the first half of ХІХ century]. Vestnik Har'kovskogo Universiteta [Announcer of the Kharkov university], 35, 315–323 [in Ukrainian].
7. Kostomarov, N. I. (1922). Avtobiografiya [Autobiography]. Retrieved from ftp://dugward.ru/library/kostomarov/kostomarov_avtobiografia.html#002 [in Ukrainian].
8. Lapshin, V. I. (1890). Iz vospominanij: [Har'kovskij universitet v1835–1865 gg.] [From remembrances: [Kharkov university in 1835-1865]. ZHurnal Ministerstva Narodnogo prosveshcheniya [Magazine of Ministry of the folk inlightening], 5, 120–139 [in Russian].
9. Levakovskij, N. F. (1917) Universitet pyatidesyatyh godov: (Iz vospominanij) [University of fiftieth years: (From remembrances)]. Russkaya starina [Russian old times], №4/6, 63– 79 [in Russian].
10. Lyubarskij, I. V. (1891). Vospominaniya o Har'kovskom universitete, 1850–1855 gg. [Remembrances about the Kharkov university, 1850-1855]. Istoricheskij vestnik [Historical announcer], 8, 373–393 [in Russian].
11. Nichpaevskij, L. (1907). Vospominaniya o Har'kovskom universitete, 1823–1829 [Remembrances about the Kharkov university, 1823-1829]. Russkaya starina [Russian old times],8, 363–400 [in Russian].
12. Ozhe-de-Rankur, H. F. (1896). V dvuh universitetah: (Vospominaniya 1837–1843 gg.): [Period ucheby v SPb. i Har'k. un-tah] [In two universities: (Remembrances 1837-1843):[A period of studies is in Saint Petersburg. and Kharkov universities]. Russkaya starina [Russian old times],6, 571–582 [in Russian].
13. Parfinenko, A. YU. (2002). Stranicy istorii studencheskoj nauki v Har'kovskom universitete [Pages of history of student science are in the Kharkov university]. Kнarkov: NMC«MD» [in Ukrainian].
14. Sumcov, N. F. (Eds.). (1891). Pis'ma studenta Har'kovskogo universiteta 1824–1827 gg. I. YA. Trosnickogo k rodnym [Letters of student of the Kharkov university 1824-1827 I. Y. Trosnitsky to native]. Sbornik Har'kovskogo istoriko-filologicheskogo obshchestva [Collection of Kharkov historico-philological society], 3, 330–337 [in Ukrainian].
15. Posohov, S. I. (2014). Professorskij stil' i kachestvo zhizni v universitetskih gorodah Rossijskoj imperii pervoj poloviny HІH veka [Professorial style and quality of life in the university cities of the Russian empire of the first half of ХІХ century]. Tractus aevorum: ehvolyuciya sociokul'turnyh i politicheskih prostranstv [Tractus aevorum: evolution of sociocultural and political spaces], 1, 78–96 [in Ukrainian].
16. Balyasnyj, YA. O. (Eds.). (1868). Pyat' let iz istorii Har'kovskogo universiteta: Vospominaniya prof. Rommelya o svoem vremeni, o Har'kove i o Har'kovskom universitete (1785–1815) [Five years from history of the Kharkov university: Remembrances of professor of Rommel about the time, about Kharkiv and about the Kharkov university (1785-1815)]. Kнarkov: Tip. un-ta [in Ukrainian].
17. Sokal'skij, P. P. (1906). Iz vospominanij o Har'kovskom universitete konca 40-h godov [From remembrances about the Kharkov university of end of 40th.]. Kievskaya starina [Kyiv old times], 5–6, 63–71 [in Ukrainian].
18. Ustav Imperatorskogo Har'kovskogo universiteta [Charter of emperor's Kharkov university] (1805). Periodicheskoe sochinenie ob uspekhah narodnogo prosveshcheniya [Periodic collection about successes of the folk inlightening], 10, 225–290 [in Russian].
19. Fes'ko , YU. (2004). Nіmec'kі vchenі ta pedagogi Harkіvs'kogo unіversitetu «pershoї hvilі» – dinamіka naukovoї ta vikladac'koї dіyal'nostі (1804–1825) [The German scientists and teachers of the Kharkiv university of the «first wave» are a dynamics of scientific and teaching activity (1804-1825)]. Etnіchna іstorіya narodіv Єvropi [Ethnic history of people of Europe], 16, 164–172 [in Ukrainian].
20. Andreevskiy, I. E. & Arsen'ev, К. К. (Ed.). (1890–1907). Ehnciklopedicheskij slovar [Encyclopaedic dictionary].(Vols. 1-86). SPb.: Semenovskaya Tipo-Litografiya I. A. Efrona [in Russian].
21. Yanovs'kij, L. (2004). Harkіvs'kij unіversitet na pochatku svogo іsnuvannya (1805–1820) [The Kharkiv university is at the beginning of the existence (1805-1820)]. (O. Zhuravl'ova, Trans.).Kharkov [in Ukrainian].