candidate of historical sciences, associate professor of Department of Theory and History of the State and law of the National Transport University.
UKRAINE STATE POLICY ON THE HOUSING PROVISION OF THE DISMISSED OR RETIRED SERVICEMEN (1991-2013)
Abstract. The problem of providing housing of the dismissed or retired servicemen and members of their families is analyzed in the article on the basis of archival sources and publications.The situation with providing of housing for servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine dismissed from military service in the early 1990s, was complicated by the return to Ukraine of more than 32 thousand families of servicemen who served in other CIS countries. Financing of housing construction and provision of retired military personnel was carried out from state and local budgets. The research showed that every year expenditures on housing construction were reduced for persons dismissed from military service.To solve this problem the Program for housing providing for the dismissed or retired servicemen was adopted in 1999. The aim of the program was to facilitate the implementation of state policy in providing housing for retired servicemen, concentration of financial, logistic and other resources as well as coordination of the activities of central and local executive authorities, enterprises, institutions and organizations for solving this problem.
The National Coordinating Centre for Social and Professional Adaptation of the dismissed or retired servicemen was responsible for the implementation of the Program. The National Coordinating Centre controled the use of budget funds, following the compliance of local executive authorities and local self-government bodies with legislation on the provision of housing for persons discharged from military service, formed a consolidated database on the apartment registration of dismissed servicemen.For improve the implementation of the Program, traditional and non-traditional sources of funding were involved, including the deduction of 1.5% of corporate profit tax. Among the sources of financing of the Program were assets and property seized by customs and law enforcement agencies and transferred to the state property for use in housing construction.
The Program for providing housing, during 2005-2008, was not included in the list of budget programs of the Ministry of Defense and target expenditures from the general fund of the State Budget for its implementation were not allocated. The share of subvention from the state budget to local budgets was the only but insufficient financing source. As a result, the amount of housing received at the expense of said subvention, has been constantly decreasing. In the following years the financinghas practically ceased, which has led to an aggravation of the problem of providing housing to retired servicemen.The situation with providing of housing for servicemen who were on the housing account in local self-government bodies during the investigated period was extremely difficult. The conducted research testifies to the imperfection of the current hosing legislation’s norms. This made it possible for the local authorities to consider the issue of providing housing to dismissed servicemen at their discretion, which resulted in numerous abuses.
Effective methods and means of construction and reconstruction of state objects, cooperative and individual housing stock are necessary to implement in order to make the complex decision. This problem can be solved by developing and approving the procedure for granting privileged loans to dismissed servicemen for the purpose of construction and purchase of housing, the allocation of land for housing construction, and the purchase of housing in the secondary market.It is necessary to create a unified state mechanism that would allow local self-government bodies and the public to ensure compliance with state guarantees for the provision of housing for persons dismissed from military service. To introduce a transparent system of attraction, distribution and spending of funds directed at construction (purchase) of housing for the specified category of citizens.
Key words: housing, dismissed or retired servicemen, financing, Program for housing providing, construction.
Received by the editorial board: 1.03.2019
1. Czentralnyi derzhavnyi arkhiv vyshhykh organiv vlady Ukrainy (CzDAVOU), F. 5246. Оp.1.Spr.18. Аrk. 23-28. Vystup nachalnyka upravlinnya konversiyi kolyshnikh viіskovykh obyektiv Stacenka L.M. na zasidanni NKCz [The speech of the head of department conversion of former military objects Statsenko L.M. at a meeting of the NCC].
2. CzDAVOU, F. 5246. Оp.1. Spr.18. Аrk. 82-89. Dopovidna zapyska pro vykonannia zakhodiv Programy zabezpechennia zhytlom viiskovosluzhbovtsiv, zvilnenykh u zapas abo vidstavku, za period yiyi diyi [The memorandum about the implementation the Program for housing providing for the dismissed or retired servicemen by during the period of its operation].
3. Haluzevyi derzhavnyi arkhiv Ministerstva oborony Ukrainy (HAD MOU), F. 3697, Op. 45002. Sp. 1. Ark. 60-61. Poyasnyuvalna zapyska do postanovy Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy «Pro vnesennia zmin do postanovy Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 28 grudnia 2000 roku № 1919 «Pro poryadok vidchuzhennia ta realizaciyi viiskovogo maina Zbroinykh syl» [The explanatory note to the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine «About the making changes to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine . «About the procedure for the Alienation and Sale of Military Property of the Armed Forces»].
4. Vystup golovy Natsionalnogo koordynatsiinogo centru sotsialnoyi ta profesiinoyi adaptatsciiviskovosluzhbovtsiv, zvinenykh u zapas abo vidstavku, ta konversiyi kolyshnikh viiskovykh obyektiv na zasidanni Verkhovnoyi Rady Ukrainy [The speech by the Chairman of the National Coordination Center for Social and Professional of Adaptation of the dismissed or retired servicemen and Conversion of Former Military Facilities at the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine] . URL: http://static.rada.gov.ua/zakon/skl3/BUL34/ 191099_24.htm. [Accessed: 12 February 2019].
5. Deyaki pytannia finansuvannia Programy zabezpechennia zhytlom viiskovosluzhbovtsiv, zvilnenykhu zapas abo vidstavku: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [Some funding issues of the Program for housing providing for the dismissed or retired servicemen: Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine] . Official herald. 12. Vol. 1. Art. 734.
6. Hrabovenko, I. M. (2012) Parlamentski slukhannia «Pro stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku voyennoyi orhanizatsii ta sektoru bezpeky Ukrainy» [The Parliamentary Hearings «About the Conditions and Prospective of the Development of the Military Organization and the Security Sector of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Parlamentske vydavnytsvo.
7. Pro vnesennia zmin do Programy zabezpechennia zhytlom viiskovosluzhbovtsiv, zvilnenykh u zapas abo vidstavku: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [About the mendments to the Program for housing providing for the dismissed or retired servicemen: The Decree of the Cabinet of Ministersof Ukraine] . URL: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/npas/10478771 [Accessed: 12 February 2019].
8. Pro zakhody shhodo zabezpechennia zhytlom viiskovosluzhbovtsiv, zvilnenykh u zapas abo vidstavku: ukaz Prezydenta Ukrainy [About the action regarding provision of housing for of the dismissed or retired servicemen: The Decree of the President of Ukraine] . Official herald.19. Art. 814.
9. Pro zatverdzhennia Programy zabezpechennia zhytlom viiskovosluzhbovtsiv, zvilnenykh u zapas abo vidstavku: Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy [About the approval of Program for housing providing for the dismissed or retired servicemen: The Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine] . URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/114-99-%D0%BF/ed19990129[Accessed: 10 February 2019].
10.Kholosha, I. (2009) Aktualni pytannia vprovadzhennia systemy sotsialnogo zakhystu viiskovosluzhbovtsiv Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy, shho zvilnylysia chy planuyutsia do zvilnennia [Topical implementation issues the system of servicemen social protection of the Ukraine Armed Forces, which have been released or are planning to be dismissed] Narodna armiia. August, 20, p. 2.
11. Shcherbinin, O. (2009) Sotsialna polityka chy sotsialnyi populizm? [The social policy or social populism?] The troops of Ukraine. №11, p.15-16 [in Ukrainian].